Friday, July 30, 2010

The Incident Where I Realized My Car Should Be On Hoarders

Oh. My. God.


I was halfway through an incredibly busy day. We ran around all morning, including a stop at the park and lunch, then I dropped the kid off at day care while I went into work for a few hours to prepare for school starting (good time to point out this was LAST week, before I started school. I swear, when school is in session, I go all day. Promise.)

So I had stuff in the car for the library, the park (which included water play, so bathing suit and towel), his lunch, day care, post day care snacks, plus my stuff. And since we're potty training, lots of extra clothes and underwear.

After taking him to day care, I was sitting in the drive through line (don't judge, it was 1:30 and I hadn't eaten since 7 am, but had only packed food for the kiddo) and started to glance around.

It was then when I realized: my car could be on an episode of Hoarders. Easy. No, you say? It can't be that bad, you say? Let me prove my point with some fine cell-phone photos.









Front seat. Mom bag, bag of school stuff, lunch bag, 2 bags of dried fruit (1 spilled leaving little crumbs on the seat), 3 CDs from library, some random mapquest papers, and my water bottle. What you can't see is the 2 tampons that fell out of my mom bag and are on the floor.



Back seat floor part 1. Towel from park, his water shoes, empty basket, bags for used diapers/pee clothes. What you cannot see are the ball pump (don't ask), jumper cables, and kleenex box.





Back seat floor part 2. Stack of CD's that belong in the empty basket as seen in the picture titled Back seat floor part 1, penguin puppet, monkey pillow. What you cannot see are the cereal and dried fruit crumbs that cover the seats.


Seriously, stuff piled INCHES deep. I need to hire those Hoarders people who come in with the shovels and just start chucking shit.

Before I was a mom, I swear on a stack of vacuums my car was clean. Now, I could clean it every day and it still wouldn't be clean. This is just another thing to add to the list of 3829478 other things people don't tell you about having kids. When you have kids, you car will become one giant duffel bag/garbage can on wheels.


If the Hoarders people don't come soon, I might just get a new car. Seems easier.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

LOL, I think my car could be on that show too! I could also feed on the floor of my car for a week, if I had to there is so much snack food scattered all over LOL! I hope you have a great week!

Leslie said...

This is so true. There is still taco meat and cheese in my van from when the hubs got the kids drive thru tacos 3 weeks ago. At least you're not that stupid.

Alison said...

OMG - My husband keeps asking me why I have a toy chest worth of toys in the back of my car... Um... its called being prepared!! (Or... hoarding... perhaps I have a problem).

The Zany Housewife said...

You should see my jalopy. My husband has piles of Diet Pepsi cans and used up snot rags all over the place. That's just on the passenger side...where I'm supposed to be. (I go out and clean it and suddenly the next day its back to the same pile of crap) And the back is filled with old baby clothes my daughter dumped out of a bag that my husband forgot to donate to Goodwill last weekend on top of her 'car time' toys and various sippy cups.

And last but not least we have cigarette butts in the windshield wipers. Why you ask? Because the husband smokes outside near our car and puts them there instead of walking ten feet to the nearest garbage.