Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Comedy of Errors Incident


A friend and I had noble goals today. Go to 6 Flags with the kids, and have fun. Sounds so easy, right?


You can hear fate chuckling, right? Evil bitch.


You name it, it went wrong. My child woke up in a wonderful, but uncooperative mood this morning. He didn't want his breakfast (hello, homemade waffles? WTF?), was unhappy about having to hang out in the bathroom while I showered (so therefore, didn't), and naturally pooped as we were trying to leave. I couldn't figure out what to wear (a common theme when you hate your body, I'm learning), spilled a full glass of water all over the counter, turned on the faucet to refill the glass to find the handle on the sprayer was stuck and watched water spray ALL OVER MY KITCHEN...you get the idea.


My favorite moment was after all that other shit, I decided I need my morning tea with milk, and go to get the milk out of the fridge. It was in the back. The contents of our refrigerator resemble a Rubik cube. You move one thing, and a whole bunch of crap somewhere else shifts. So, I try to get out the milk, and like 8 things fall to the floor. One of them being a bottle of 'veggie juice' (that V8 fusion shit or whatever it is). So, while I'm trying to fit everything back in and get my tea started so we can leave, my son of course has to have veggie juice. Cereally?


Anyways, we hit every light red on the way to the freeway, but otherwise get to my friend's house unscathed. 35 minutes late, but in one piece.


After wrestling 2 car seats into her back seat, we were off. We are on the freeway off ramp outside of the park (her daughter is in the back shouting "Marine World! I see it!") when my friend realizes her wallet is at home. With her pass to the park in it. So, we tell my friend's daughter "Yes, you DO see it! Wave hi!" as we turn around and go back to the house.


Approximately 22 minutes later, we pulled into the park. Sweet. Here. Time for fun. Right?


Ha! Please. You remember the evilbitchfate I referred to earlier, right?


So, my friend gives the parking attendant her pass. Its scanned through and doesn't work. After a bit of back and forth, it's determined that something is wrong with her pass and we'd need to pay full price for parking and get a refund at guest services.


Ahhh, guest services. That became a place we knew well. Why, you ask? Well, dear reader, we spent about an hour there trying to figure out the season pass debacle. It was figured out, and my friend remained marvelously calm. Even though she pretty much wanted to jump down all the little workerbees' throats and pull their tonsils out to beat each one over the head with them.


So, after ALL that, we did make it in. The kids did have fun. The moms had as much fun as moms could have looking at elephants and riding on kid rides with their knees shoved up under their chins.


And, for anyone who is wondering what going to a theme park with a food allergy kid is like, lemme fill ya in. TORTURE. Ice cream, fried foods, pretzels, nachos, churros....you name it, it was there. Not just there, but around every corner there. And off limits. So, we had our fill of the food we smuggled in ourselves (yum, grapes) while walking by the Cold Stone shop looking longingly at it and leaving a trail of drool behind us as we worked off the grapes by pushing 35 pound kids in strollers up hills.


Really, nothing like a relaxing, fun day at 6 Flags.

See, we really DID have fun!



However, we decided our day was better than the foreign visitors who had parked next to us and locked their keys in the car. So, score one for us!

4 comments:

MommaKiss said...

comedy of clusterfucks, eh?
in the end, you know those kids had a blast. not to mention, 6 flags is 20ish min from your friend's house? no wonder she's got the season pass!

Hannah said...

Ok, too funny! I am things got better for you! Now you have to plan a trip back with just you and your friend no kiddos so you can really enjoy it!

FFS said...

It's 11 minutes. Exactly. All three trips proved it. :p

Really I have no idea how I did not come completely unglued. And I have to say I LOVE your idea of "marvelously calm". heehee

All in all I had a great day, the kids had a blast, and next time we go just ourselves. NO CHILDREN! (I found a 1/2 off pass for you).

We're in Parking Lot C, in what city?

Alison said...

At least you got a nice tan!! ;)