Anyways, so saying I have negative emotions towards urine might sound just a little silly.
But really. I'm sick of urine today. Like, over it.
Reason #1: CVS brand pull-ups. Yeah, they can totally bite me. My kid likes them because they have robots on them. However, they leak. I've only used them for nap times (his, not mine. I don't get to nap. And if I do, I typically don't need a pull-up.) and they've leaked pretty much every time. Saving like $1.50 by going with the store brand has resulted in a lot of extra laundry. Probably not worth it.Reason #2: Accidents. We've had major potty training regressing the past two weeks. I think it's because I've been off work, so the kid's been off his routine. He's not telling anyone when he has to go, then refuses to go when we tell him to. Which typically results in a temper tantrum. And what happens during temper tantrums? Loss of bladder control. What a fuckin' vicious cycle. Which leads to reason #3 for me being sick of urine.
Reason #3: Clean up. Excluding clothes, this week, I've had to clean up urine from the rug (same spot, 3 times. At least he's consistent. It's like he's marking his territory. It's working. I have no desire to step on that spot, let alone sit on it or roll around on it.), the car seat, the kitchen floor, the entry way floor, the sheets, and the pillow. How the hell one gets urine on a pillow is a fuzzy concept to me, but that doesn't change the fact that I had to clean it. Thank god for Nature's Miracle. We originally bought it for cleaning up after our pets, but a 3 year old is pretty similar to a pet, so it's got double duty.
Reason #4: Noise factor. Noise factor, you might ask? Yeah, well after all that cleaning up, I kinda earned my 2 hours of me-time today during nap, wouldn't you say? Silly me, I decided to pee during the first 20 minutes. The kid's bedroom is right next to the bathroom. And my peeing was so loud, it woke him up. I didn't flush (we're a 'if it's yellow let it mellow' household), so it had to have been my pee. As a result, I did not get my me-time and the pee-soaked car seat cover is still sitting on the car seat in the car. Gross.
To sum up, urine, you can totally suck it. Go find someone who enjoys golden showers and piss them off for a while.

2 comments:
ha ha
your posts crack me up.
I also do not embrace urine. my 3 year old grandson is still having accidents, and along with an aging dog that sometimes have them, i can say I HATE urine.
This is what I love about blog. they address all of the real issues in life that you won't read anywhere else. lol
loud urine.
urinepossible!
Post a Comment