I decided this past summer I was unhappy (Ok, I was flat-out depressed for months, but who's labeling?). I made some very conscious decisions to end a few toxic friendships, read some good books just for fun, give my son some extra attention, and throw myself into something I love (hence the Jazzercise obsession).
Truly, I'm incredibly thankful for the changes I made. The combination of them absolutely drew me out of the depths I was in and I'm a happier person now. I learned that we are in charge of creating our own happiness. We cannot depend on others to make us happy.
Which leads me to wonder why the FUCK people get so obsessed with their sports teams? I know several people who wanted to jump of ledges today after their favorite football team blew it. Again.
SERIOUSLY? Talk about something people have NO control over. YOU cannot make your team win. You have NO control over who tackles who, who doesn't throw the ball, who made a shitty call, or who wore their helmet backwards. You can wear rally caps, beards, socks, underwear, or nose rings all you want, but it will change nothing.
And the assholes who aren't doing what you want them to do will still make 23409823048 times more money than you!
If you wanna have fun watching a game, go for it. But if your team losing ruins your entire afternoon/day/week/lunar cycle, maybe you need to rethink your priorities.
Just sayin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
a team losing ruins Mr. Kiss' ENTIRE day. Like yesterday when Syracuse lost - and he was at the game - with his 5 year old - he decided to call me and tell me about it. like i care.
Post a Comment