Sunday, October 17, 2010

The How I Know Incidents

I confess I know I'm stressed when I have a minor freak out over the fact that 3 magazines came in the mail in one day and I feel I'll never have a chance to read them.


I confess I know I'm sick of the clutter in my house when I'm putting dishes away and stop to turn an entire drawer full of utensils upside down on the counter, and then just start throwing shit away.

I confess I know I'm craving chocolate when I resort to eating the chocolate covered pretzels in the hundred calorie pack to fulfill the craving. Damn things aren't even real chocolate.

I confess I know I didn't check my freezer before going to Whole Foods when after the trip, I have 8 packs of my favorite English muffins in it. Eight. Packs. I have issues.

I confess I know my priorities are screwed up when I spend more time picking out my Jazzercise clothes than my work clothes.

I confess I know I'm too polite when I actually listen to the guy at my door pushing religion for more than 3 seconds. I also know I'm an ass when I wish the diet coke I was holding was actually a beer just cuz it would have been funny.

I confess I know I cook too much when my fridge is completely full and I have 3 loaves of bread sitting on my stove. And a container of homemade pumpkin granola.

I confess I know I cook too many pumpkin recipes when I've made 6 different pumpkin-themed dishes in one week. In two weeks, I think my total is 10. You should know this information for when you check me in to pumpkin rehab.

I confess I know I'm craving real ice cream when my most happy dreams are about Dairy Queen Blizzards. Pumpkin ones (no surprise there).

I confess I know I should have cleaned out my t-shirt drawer long before this when I finally do and get rid of shirts that are 12 years old. And ridiculously stretched out and huge.

I confess I know I have an unhealthy obsession with Ebay when 70% of my emails are informing me of my latest Ebay activity. Seriously, I get more Ebay emails than junk email. That CAN'T be good.

I confess I know I have an unhealthy obsession with 80's music when I search for the term 'monster' in my itunes library, and all that comes up is Monster Ballads and Monsters of Rock.

I confess I know am tired when I fall asleep before 8pm on the couch. While my husband is vacuuming. And my child is poking me with a fish straw.

I confess I know I'm never going to get a full-night's sleep again when I set my alarm for before 7 am on both Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I confess I know I'm never going to get peaceful morning time again when I set my alarm early both Saturday and Sunday mornings to get shit done, and my 3 year old STILL wakes up before me. How the fuck does he ALWAYS know?

Your turn! Confess your best "I know".

No comments: