Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Incident Where I Got Tagged

I got tagged by E, the author of
http://whiningattheworld.blogspot.com/

Yeah, this tag is from forever ago. I'm beind on everything in my life. Even got an email from an ebay vendor wondering if I was going to pay her! Oops. Anyways....


I'm supposed to answer 8 questions, then tag 8 people to answer 8 more quesitons. I'm skipping the tagging 8 people part, though I did put my 8 questions at the bottom for you to answer in the comments if you're feeling crazy. And if not? That's too damn bad. Do it anyways.


1. How do you / will you know when you are all grown up? When I drive to work gripping my commuter mug as if my life depended on it, I feel very grown up. Then I glance down at my wrist and see that I'm wearing jelly bracelets and realize it'll never really happen.


2. As a child what did you want to be when your grew up and are you doing it?

Teacher, which I have been for 10 years. I was the oldest of 5 kids and have 4 little brothers. My childhood was pretty much teacher training.


3. You could have an entire day 24 hours to do whatever you wanted (no expense spared). So what would you do?

Is it soooo sad that my first inclination is to say cook so I won't have to do it the next week? Ok, let's assume that all my weekly cooking is already done. I would gather my 16 mommy friends who I only get to see once a year, sit on a tropical beach, eat gourmet cupcakes, and drink. A lot. Oh, and the cupcakes and drinks would be served to us by really hot, shirtless men. Named Gabe.


4. Someone invents a new cocktail and they want to name it after you. What are the main ingredients?

Alcohol.

Oh wait. You want me to be more specific?

Good alcohol.


5. How many blogs are you currently following or subscribed to?

A bunch, though I honestly don't have the time to read very many. And the whole blogging world? Kinda leaves me a little lost and overwhelmed at time. I feel bad. There's a lot of great writing out there. Siiiiiigggggh, yet another thing to add to the list of 3408349 things I feel guilty about.


6.Why did you start blogging and is the reason you started still relevant?

I was encouraged to by some of the mommy friends I referred to in #3 after the writing I did about a disasterous incident that occured in a parking lot got put in our local paper. Do I still have disasterous incidents in parking lots? Not today, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.


7. What is your favourite item of clothing?

Toss up between pajamas and work out clothes. Both are comfy. And I don't have to iron any of them.


8. If you had to give up blogging or chocolate what would you chose? Is it a hard choice?

No question, I'd give up blogging. Realistically, I'd probably cut off my left hand before giving up chocolate though. Yup, I'm that shallow.


So, here's the 8 for you to answer. Or not. Really, what am I going to do if you don't? Nothing. Cuz I'm nonconfrontational like that.

1. Biggest pet peeve?
2. Long day....massage or wine?
3. Tight month money-wise...what do you cut out?
4. Extra money one month--what do you splurge on?
5. Christmas: magical or stressful?
6. Do you care about sports, even a little?
7. What's your secret talent?
8. In 8 years you hope to be....

2 comments:

Carol said...

Great idea to ask for volunteers to answer the 8 Qs rather than tagging bloggers.

I love reading ur posts so.....
My answers to ur Q's are

1. Biggest pet peeve?
People lying.

2. Long day....massage or wine? Wine would last longer and my partner (bless him) thinks a massage lasts 5 mins :)

3. Tight month money-wise...what do you cut out?
My once a month kid free night out with my partner. (maybe I need to rethink that...do we need toilet roll this month?!)

4. Extra money one month--what do you splurge on?
clothes for me!

5. Christmas: magical or stressful?
Stressful! :(

6. Do you care about sports, even a little?
Watching yes, taking part NO! I love it when the football is on TV, I can read in peace :)

7. What's your secret talent?
Don't have one, boring really.

8. In 8 years you hope to be....
married to my partner , a supermum juggling a house and work I enjoy, with a bigger house and newer car..and if my eldest has produced a a grandchild by then (she will be 25)a glamourous fun nana who can give her children too many treats!

carol

MommaKiss said...

I. Miss. Your. FACE!

How's that for an incident!