Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Teachers Can't Have Fashion Sense Incident

I know there are super cute teachers out there who dress in super cute outfits. Me? Not so much. I mean, I don't wear stupid teddy bear sweaters or apple earrings or anything, but still.

Today. I wore a black skirt with a white tank top (it was over 100 degrees, had to dress for sweat). Accessorized with a chunky necklace, bangle bracelets, and a chunky ring. Sounds alright, right?

One would think.

By the end of the day, the skirt had several pulls in the material (not sure how that happened), I was wearing my lanyard with jangling keys over my necklace, the ring was in my purse because it was too big, two rubber bands were on my wrist amongst the bangle bracelets, and I had thoroughly sweat through the whole outfit. Not to mention my hands were covered in blue and pink marker.

Seriously? Why the hell do I bother? I work with eight year olds. They could not care less what I look like, and I clearly can't pull off a decent outfit anyways.

I'd probably be better off wearing a stupid teddy bear sweater.

4 comments:

MommaKiss said...

don't you know by now that 8 year olds are assholes? you don't dress for them, you dress for the other teachers. Or for you! you dress for you! [and i'm sure your Jazzercized ass looked awesome

Val said...

I swear if I ever see you in a teddy bear sweater I will beat you until the teddy bears cry for me to stop. Don't even think about it.

This is out of love. :)

I bet you looked hawt. And even though the 8 year olds didn't notice, your fellow teachers did. And they are JEALOUS!

Nicole said...

When I started teaching, my mom told me that if I ever started wearing smock dresses, she would personally strangle me. But really, they sort of seem appealing after a few years in the classroom ... and I don't even teach young kids!

Hannah said...

LOL, maybe that is why the teachers wear the stupid teddy bear sweaters LOL because they just stopped wanting to ruin their good stuff! But I understand your pain and I don't even teach, nothing I own stays nice for very long when you have two little boys wiping all there stuff on you!