Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Cleanaxing Incident

Last weekend my husband, god bless him, gave me the gift of a weekend. He took our son and dog to his parents for the weekend, leaving me with the house to myself. Halfway through the weekend, he texted me asking if I was cleaning or relaxing. My response was that I was 'cleanaxing'. He said that made his brain hurt.
It is a bit of a paradox.

I did do some relaxing. I went to two Jazzercise classes and went for a jog (and nothing says relaxing like jogging when it's 92 degrees outside!). I got my eyebrows done (which was LONG overdue!!! They were starting to look a little bit like they belonged on Oscar the Grouch). In between a bunch of errands I took a break to take myself out to lunch with some very important dates.
Lunch dates: My journal and a good book

But for the most part, I worked my butt off.


Seriously though, being able to get to pretty much all the cleaning I want to get to without having to plan around a small child's schedule is beautiful. I vacuumed (car and house), dusted, put crap away, did some laundry (note the SOME in that statement. Our broken dryer was a good deterrent to doing LOTS of laundry.), grocery shopped, cleaned the bathrooms, paid bills, and did a ton of cooking. Zucchini blueberry waffles (for freezing), sweet potato burritos, chicken curry, BBQ chicken sandwiches, teriyaki green beans....



Stack o waffles



The really sad part? After all that cooking, for dinner Sunday night I had Mai Tais and chocolate chip cookies. Good thing I fit in 3 workouts on my cleanaxing weekend.


7 comments:

Sherri said...

Hi
How nice that you got to have a weekend like that. It just feels good to get some of that stuff done, it makes me feel accomplished.

Jean Has Been Shopping said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend! Nice of hubster to spoil you. :-)

cooperl788 said...

What I wouldn't give for a weekend of cleanaxing! It would be awesome if I could clean the whole house without having my toddler hanging off my leg. What a great husband you have!

Unknown said...

Umm...sweet potato burritos?! Do share!! They sound delicious!

Bag Lady said...

Sweet potato burritos:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/addictive-sweet-potato-burritos/Detail.aspx

Those are SOOOOO yummy, but a little time consuming. Freeze really easy.


http://www.meatlessmonday.com/sweet-potato-burritos/

Those are not quite as yummy, but still good and way healthy. Great for a week of lunches.

Val said...

Nothing says healthy eating like chocolate chip cookies and Mai Tai's. ;)

LOVE you got a quiet weekend to yourself! You deserve it.

MommaKiss said...

pass the fucking mai tais, bitch.