Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Incident Where I was a Big Fat Hypocrite

Tonight was Back To School Night. It went alright. Not my best, not my worst. No one accused me of beating their kid, or brainwashing the students with tales of gay rights or pro choice advocacy. And no one accosted me with questions like "why DO you teach them the commutative property of addition?". And I'm pretty sure nothing was stuck in my teeth. So that's cool.


When discussing the concept of healthy treats for celebrating birthdays, I mentioned I'm very into fitness and healthy cooking. I got lots of supportive nods and the like.


On the way home, my phone rings. It was my husband who, being brain dead after doing a great job at being Mr. Mom all day, asked me to pick him up a milk shake.


I did one better. I got two. A his and hers combo, if you will. And curly fries. After finishing them, I had a glass of wine.










Ummmm, yeah.



Perhaps the last slide in tonight's power point should have read "by the way, I'll teach your kid long division and how to write a paragraph, but I'm also a big fat hypocrite".

4 comments:

cooperl788 said...

Wine and fries are definitely part of good mental health, especially if you teach all day. There's nothing like a liquid diet to help you laugh over some of the crap that might otherwise drive you up a wall!

MommaKiss said...

"It was my husband who, being brain dead after doing a great job at being Mr. Mom all day,"  I'm sorry - was I not supposed to chortle at this?Mmmmm, milkshakes for the win!

MommaKiss said...

"It was my husband who, being brain dead after doing a great job at being Mr. Mom all day,"  I'm sorry - was I not supposed to chortle at this?Mmmmm, milkshakes for the win!

Hannah said...

LOL, sometimes everyone is in need of a little break from "being good". And what better way to break it then with a milkshake, fries and wine! Sounds good to me!