I've been training for the past 3.5 months. Hours and hours (and hours) of classes, one-on-one training, practicing at home, listening to the same 10 songs hundreds of times (not exaggerating--got the counts on itunes to prove it)... In my head, November 18th has been marked with a gigantic red X. And no days after November 18th have existed (which would be damn convenient cuz then I could skip Christmas shopping).
I'm writing this the evening of November 17th. 24 hours from now, I'll be finishing a very intense Jazzercise tryout and then finding out if I get to be a certified Jazzercise Instructor.
I started dropping things Monday morning (including teachers' edition textbooks--those things are ginourmous and I'm damn lucky I didn't hurt a kid!), and tearing up at the drop of a hat Monday afternoon. It's here and it's huge. And I'm overwhelmed by its hugeness. And the massive amounts of support I've received. Cards, texts, gifts, emails, Facebook posts....not to mention the countless well-wishes I've gotten from other students and instructors at my Jazzercise center. Even got an "I'll be praying for you" tonight. Bless you, random lady whose name I don't know, bless you.
Also got a huge "Good Luck" from an instructor whose kids go to my school. Which she gave to me in front of my whole class. And the gossipy mom who was in the room. So much for keeping this tryout (and the reason I'm taking 2 days off before a week-long Thanksgiving break) a secret. Oh well.
So, currently, November 19th is sorta this black hole date in my mind. Either I'm certified, and then in intense training all day, or I'm not, and will be digging a hole under a rock somewhere to hide my head in. While eating chocolate and drinking wine. And vodka. Possibly mixed together.
Please let it be the first one!!!!!! Cuz then, sometime around November 20th or 21st, I'm having a little party for one to celebrate! With wine. And vodka. But probably not mixed together. Though I make no promises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good Luck. Enjoy yourself as well.
Just in case you want to please don't ruin the chocolate with vodka!
Good Luck, and oh yea, don't forget to have fun!! Keep your girls where they belong, a smile on your face, and try not to fart. And have the wine and chocolate no matter what happens.
Hope your ROCKIN' it right now!!
Post a Comment