Friday, November 12, 2010

The Bags Full of Sin Incident

I went to the grocery store to get 2 things yesterday. 'Square' cereal (don't ask, it's a 3-year-old thing) and dental floss (not a 3-year-old thing, but we take dental health pretty seriously around here and kinda freaked out when we ran out. Of all the things I need to worry about, missing two days of flossing is probably last on the list. Yet, it was 50% of the reason for my grocery store trip).

So, my list read exactly like this:
square cereal
floss

Yes, I make a list for 2 things. I'm so busy worrying about how my teeth are going to fall right out of my gums due to a few missed flossing sessions, I can't remember 2 things on a grocery list.

Please notice how there are no baking items on that list. None.

So my pathetic list and I go to the grocery store. Where I happen to wander down the baking aisle, despite the list being absent of any baking items. Anyone who knows me in person knows I have a baking problem. Like, seriously, you could check me into some sort of Betty Crocker rehab center and I'd fit right in. It would probably go something like this:

"Hi, my name is Bag Lady and I'm a bakeaholic".
"Hi Bag Lady."
"It's been less than 24 hours since my last baking binge. Does anyone have any new recipes I can try? Oh wait, this isn't some sort of baking CAMP? Dammit."

Anyways.

So, I'm accidentallyonpurpose wandering down the baking aisle when I see these bags full of sin.



Dark Chocolate Mint Morsals.

Dear god. Why does Nestle have to create REASONS for me to bake? REALLY? Don't they know I'm less than a week away from my Jazzercise tryout? And that means I need to eat like a 'real' fitness instructor eats? Which means not eating goodies baked with dark chocolate mint morsals?

Of course, being the good baker that I am, and having little to no will-power, I bought 2 bags. They were on sale, after all. All part of the evil plot, I suppose.

So, while I have about 2340923048 things to catch up on this weekend, I will probably spend a fair amount of time searching for the perfect recipe, baking said recipe, then eating the goods. Because my name is Bag Lady, and I am indeed a bakeaholic.

3 comments:

The Zany Housewife said...

Son of a...you had to show me these today didn't you? I'm supposed to go to the store too. And you KNOW my baking addiction.

Let me know what kind of recipes you come up with.

P.s. Did you get my email? Jalopy in shop tomorrow. Cry for me.

Leigh said...

They are b1g1 free at publix this week. Don't ask me how I know this. Or what is in my pantry right now.

Emily said...

I did the same thing last week Ali. Well sorta. I really wanted to bake some banana bread - not sure where the craving came from. But given that my dog ate the 2 bags of flour from my pantry and then proceed to eat the replacement bag of flour plus the bag of sugar a few weeks later, I had a lot of stocking up to do min the baking isle just to make my banana bread. Then in search of the perfect nut to add to my bread, I saw the reese's pieces peanut butter and chocolate chips (my 2 all time favorite things to eat together). So now I will be spending some amount of time this weekend making peanut butter and chocolate chip banana bread.

I'll be curious to know what kind of recipe you come up with for your dark chocolate mint chips. Sounds like maybe you can help me with a new holiday treat this year! :-)