Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Incident In Which I Realized I Am Really Tired

I've stretched myself too thin. Far too thin. Not like 'I'm jealous of that skinny bitch' thin (trust me, that'll never be your problem with me. Promise). More like 'there just ain't enough to go around' thin.

How did I realize this? Well.
This morning, I went about my morning routine. Waking up my son is at the tail end of it. Usually I'm completely ready to go before I get him up. We eat breakfast, get him dressed, and head out.

But not this morning. Oh no. This morning, I forgot to dry my hair. Didn't realize it til I had my purse in hand.

Seriously? I mean, really? Forgetting mascara or lipstick (which I don't wear anyways)? I can see that. Packing your lunch and forgetting it on the counter? Anyone who bothers to pack a lunch has done that. But forgetting to dry your hair? REALLY?

Needless to say, we left a little late today. Although, we leave a little late everyday, so I suppose one could argue that we left right on time.

On a side note, the kid wore the fireman jacket from his halloween costume to day care. And carried a silver sparkly wand. And in the car, pretended to cook egs. Which he's allergic to. Goober.

Anyways.

I spent all day feeling like there's something on my back. More specifically, under my bra. I assume zit and continue on with my day. Finally, at lunch, I take a peak in the bathroom. The hook from my bra had rubbed the skin RAW! I was so tired, I didn't realize there was totally gross bodily fluids oozing out of the ginourmous hole on my back! Seriously? So gross.

So then, tonight, I'm giving the kiddo a bath. A bath that involved some scrubbing off of the Halloween tattoos that have been 'beautifying' his arm for 3 days. A bath that, upon his realizing the 'stamps' were gone, ended in shrill screaming. Me being so tired, and so filled with mommy-guilt, I almost cried with him.

And then I gave in. He got another tattoo before bedtime. His bedtime. Which was hours ago. My bedtime? About an hour ago. Yet here I sit, typing away. No wonder I'm so tired.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I hope you get some sleep in your next life. As a goddess. With a certain pool boy fetching you drinks.

The Zany Housewife said...

I hope you get some sleep. And then you can tell me how wonderful it is. Because I couldn't tell you myself. I feel like a leftover Halloween zombie. Blah.

Oh and I never dry my hair. I'm special like that. ;)

Sandra said...

Tomorrow is a new day, one which, depending on your ability to function in a zombie state, could bring even more fun and adventure!

Kathy said...

I found you through DizzyC and I love your 'tude. And thought I'd mention that, in your comparison of toddlers and monkies, I guess you're lucky your son "climbs shit and throws things" instead of the other way around . . .

Kathy said...

P.S. I can not believe I spelled monkeys wrong. I am not smarter than a fifth grader.