Monday, March 7, 2011

The "I'll Never Get To It Again!" incident

Today, I had to get some glue dots out of my scrapping stuff. Which is buried in my son's closet. And I do mean buried. Like, under a push-toy, basketball toy, stack of grocery sacks, and bag full of cross stitch stuff.

I felt bad enough going through the toys. I didn't even know they were there. When I got to the cross stitch stuff, I totally teared up. It was just another thing I used to do and now will never get to again. Much like cleaning the raisins (or really old grapes?) out of my car, or sleeping. I will never do it again.

Sigh. Then again, I did, at one point, say I'd never drink vodka again (BAAAAAD night in college. Bad. Like, vomiting til 5 pm the next day, bad.), and this past summer, vodka and I reunited. Turns out reunited really does feel so good. So, maybe there's hope that someday I'll finish the cross stitch I started for my friend's kid. Who is now 1. And a half. Right after I figure out how the hell the mini basketball hoop ended up in the closet.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I do sympathise.
I gave my cross stitch stash to my mum. I did love to cross stitch.

The family tree files are on the top of the wardrobe collecting dust.

One day we will have time on our hands for these hobbies.....by then we will have lost our marbles and forgotten we even had hobbies

:)

carol

Val said...

I'm pretty sure there was vodka involved in the Aerosmith night...


Just sayin.

:)