I haven't been sleeping enough. I sleep like a rock pretty much the second I get into bed, but my bedtime keeps getting later and later. I'm tired.
Today, I could barely keep my eyes open. Yawning in front of my students was not exactly sending the best message. It's my job to make things like fractions and plural nouns super exciting. Not that those things aren't super exciting on there own....
So, I did what any good teacher would do. I drank caffeinated tea. Lots of it.
Teachers do not get enough bathroom breaks to have multiple cups of tea. I decided it was worth it. And if anything, the urgent need to pee would help keep me awake.
So, by the end of the day, I was dying. I did use the restroom during lunch, but apparently that wasn't enough. So, of course, I had stupid yard duty today. Pick-up duty. A fun-filled time of telling kids to quit pushing each other, opening car doors, picking up the garbage that falls out of cars and tossing it back in, and asking parents to use the crosswalk rather than risk the life of their child by darting through the parking lot with them. Really, it's a fantastic way to end the day. I live for pick-up duty.
Alas, I ditched it briefly to pee. Worth it. Just don't tell any of the yard-duty Nazis as school, k? There are some hard core yard-dutyers out there, and I don't want to get in trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment