This morning was my LAST morning of winter break. So naturally, my child was thoughtful enough to wake me up at 6 AM so I could thoroughly enjoy my last day of break to its fullest. How freakin' thoughtful of him.
I was NOT awake at that hour. At. All.
So, we stumbled down the stairs and I remembered I had pancakes left over from the previous morning. Score. No cooking at 6 AM. Sweet.
I bust out the pancakes and heat all 3 up, with the intention of giving him the two small ones, and me the bigger one.
The 3 year old had other plans. Apparently, his imaginary pet mouse, who is appropriately named Mouse, was hungry. So hungry, in fact, that he needed my pancake.
Not wanting to deal with a tantrum before caffeine, I set my pancake on a plate for Mouse, along with a single dried cranberry (kiddo's insistence. Because Clearly, after eating a whole pancake, a mouse would only have room for one dried cranberry) and set it at the empty seat at the table.
I asked the kid several times if I could have it. Each time he pointed to Mouse (well, I'm assuming it was Mouse anyways. Hard to tell, seeing as how he's invisible) and told me no.
I left the house before 9 to go teach a class. Upon arriving home at 10:30, the pancake at the empty seat still remained.
WTF Mouse? You too good for my pancakes?
Maybe my New Year's resolution should be to drop some pounds. Because if I have to give a fucking imaginary mouse all my food, the pounds will melt away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL! LOVE it!!
Post a Comment