
It's been flippin' COLD here. Ok, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and it doesn't get THAT cold here, compared to the rest of the country. But days when it doesn't make it out of the low 40s is just freakin' freezing, Mr. Bigglesworth.
Yes, I know, I'm a big fat wimp. I could never live where it snows and is ACTUALLY cold.
Anyways.
So, I get to work this morning and am rushing through the parking lot to get inside where it's warm. Dropping armloads of crap along the way. The amount of shit I schlep to work...it's ridiculous.
Anyways. Again.
I'm about to dash across the loop (the fancy word for 'fake street where cars drive, then stop to dump out their kids') when I hear "Oh, Mrs. Teacher, just real quick".
Ok, unless you are stopping a teacher to give them a freshly brewed cuppa somethin' somethin' from Starbucks, it is not ok for parents to stop their child's teacher in the parking lot before they have even walked through the door to the school.

Yet, that is exactly what happened. This father had been waiting in his car for me so he could discuss the homework from the night before.
SERIOUSLY? Soooooo not ok.
And, he did not have Starbucks. Shocking, right? Or anything else, for that matter. Besides an earful about fraction homework. In a freezing cold parking lot.
Can I get a hell no? Cuz hellllll no, that is not an ok way to start a Friday!
Next time he wants to chat, he either needs to make a freakin' appointment or bring me a freakin' Starbucks.

1 comment:
The nerve of some people. I think you should make a sign to hold up when a parent approaches "will talk about your bratty kid for a latte. No, really."
It's blue balls cold lately isn't it? I think my toes, despite how many pairs of socks I wear are headed towards frost-bite status. You know what solves that? Alcohol.
Hope you have a great week!
Post a Comment