Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Incident of Teamwork

My cat and child have formed a team. Typically, I find teamwork admirable. They could team up to fight crime (to the Cat Mobile!) or locate items they've lost in the house (I know that water bottle straw has to be around here somewhere). Or even clean up after themselves ("OK, I'll scoop the shit out of the litter box, you hold the back"). And I would greatly admire any of those goals. But no.

They've teamed up to ensure I never sleep past 6:30 on a weekend again.

Awesomeness.

The cat plays her part by walking laps up and down my body until she finds the warmest spot, the cuddles there, purring loudly, while kneeding her paws (complete with razor-sharp needles) against my thigh, tummy, or boob (like my boobs need puncture wounds).

The kid quietly pads into our room and stands next to me breathing heavily until I pull back the covers so he can climb in. Then he 'rests quietly' while kicking me and rolling around.

The cat, realizing she's found someone with some life in him, stands on my shoulder so the kid can pet her. He pets her until she tires of it and bites him, thus causing him to hit her, thus causing her to wander back down my body to sulk for approximately 12.6 seconds before coming back for another round.

It's a beautifully orchestrated ballet, one that has happened 3 weekend mornings in a row now.

Ahhh teamwork. I'm so proud.

2 comments:

The mad woman behind the blog said...

Amazing. My cats and kid do the EXACT same thing. The kneading and the kicking. The first few times the kid did the heavy breathing at my side of the bed I nearly jumped out of my skin.

The Zany Housewife said...

I'm glad I don't have a cat.