Ok, so in recent weeks, there have been little notes on the copy machines at work. From our principal. With the breakdown of how many copies we, as an entire staff, have made this year and how much money that is. It's a lot. Like over 10K, a lot.
There have also been retaliatory, anonymous notes from teachers saying things like "450 assessments for 5th grade each week=solid API score. Priceless".
Yup, staff full of smart-asses.

And no, none of the notes were from me. Swear.
Anyways, so despite these notes which sent a very clear message about our heavy copy-use, I made some VERY illegal copies. Our family Christmas letter. 70 of them. Now, I was smart about it. I did it when I was leaving for the day and most people were gone, so no one saw me do it.
Ok, wait, I was only relatively smart about it.
No, wait, I was totally dumb about it.

I get home that night, go to take them out of my bag, and realize they are not there. And realize shortly after that they were still in the copier tray at work.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
"Yesssssssss", giggled Fate. Bitch.
Ok, so I worried about it much of the night, and actually busted my butt to leave early the next morning in hopes to get to work a little early and whisk them away from the copier before someone else saw them.
"Mwahahahah!" laughed Fate.
Yeah, didn't happen. I got to work and they were sitting in my box. I have NO idea who put them there, and did not get any smart-ass emails that day about it, so whoever it was, was just being nice. And apparently did not have a sense of humor about it.
Fairly certain it wasn't one of the bosses though. Cuz I'm still employed and my copy code still works.
Thank you, copy gods. I promise to repay you by not copying my ass any more.
Oh wait, was that my out loud typing? Kidding, I would never copy my butt. And if I did, I certainly would NOT leave it in the copier tray! Well, you know, not purposely anyways.

3 comments:
Very funny. And a huge thanks go to the lovely person who put your copies in your inbox.
I'm sure the copiers will be grateful to see one less butt! LOL.
LOL
Just hope the kind person was just so....and not thinking up some way of getting the favour back at a later date! :)
You could always say that by the time u realised it was your letter and not Class A's homework it was too late to stop the copier! :)
carol
I was having a bad day until I read this blog post. Thanks for the giggle. New follower
http://isoundlikemymom.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment